Monday, January 31, 2011

Conversations with Esther January 27 - January 31

Thursday, January 27

Pearlita insisted on taking me to the beauty parlor yesterday.  I guess she thought I wasn't looking like like my usual glamorous self.  She really takes good care of me.  Then in the evening I had a veggie hamburger, and she put me in bed early.  My schedule is different with Mickey up in Alaska.
 
Saturday, January 29

I got wonderful, wonderful news today.  For the 2nd week in a row, Kaiser told me I wouldn't need my injection.  And I'd been thinking I'd need that injection every week for the rest of my life!  Of course, it's kind of sad to think I won't be seeing those people again, the ones who gave me my shot, but I can always say hello when I run into them in the hallway.
 
Monday, January 31

Got up late this morning.  With Mickey up in Alaska, I have a motivation for getting up early.  If I don't do it, I won't be able to catch the Link bus to go to the current events group next Friday.  And I really want to go.  After you left yesterday, I was reading on AOL about Egypt.  They said it was more about lack of services than it was a political upheaval.  People were upset because they didn't have clean water, because their garbage wasn't getting picked up.  But in the paper it says the Egyptians want to change their government.  It's probably a combination of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment